Wednesday, April 6, 2011

End of Term 3 Celebrations at ISM

This week marks that start of spring break for the girls.  I got to attend the “Student Lead Celebration” meetings on Tuesday, and Wednesday was an all school ‘Sports Day’.  Not a bad way to kick-off spring break. 

Tierney showed me around her classroom and was very proud to show me some of the things that she has learned this term.  I think she was most proud of her story board about the Emperor’s New Clothes where she had to identify the characters, setting, problem, solution, and message. 

Then Ashlyn showed me all of the things that she has been learning.  She’s most proud of her math tower and writing (weekend news: “On my weekend I wanted to go horse back riding.  It was raining”).

Today the blue, green, and yellow houses competed for top sportsman honors through all sorts of organized games at the Sports Day.  I was particularly impressed with Tierney’s soccer skills and Ashlyn’s ring toss skills. Unfortunately those skills did not translate to a win for the blue house this term. 

It’s a good thing someone noticed the bee swarm early in the day before someone got hurt. 

And just because he’s so cute….Anderson asleep on a table while waiting for Tierney to finish her piano lesson last week. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday we take off for almost two weeks on our epic spring break adventure to Zambia and Botswana.  I am beyond excited!

The first pic is just our flights, so we really don’t spend time in Nairobi and we only overnight in Johannesburg, but it’s still fun to see.  The second picture is the Botswana portion of the trip where we will camp for 8 days.  Spotting wild dogs is one of my goals for this trip (and of course to see Victoria Falls, but I think that one will be easier)

imageimage

No comments:

Post a Comment