Sunday, November 25, 2012

Third Annual Tanzgiving

For me Tanzgiving started with an early two hour mountain bike ride with a couple of friends.  I returned home to a completely peaceful house – so lovely! (Have I mentioned lately how much I love my husband?).  Matt took our kids, Elizabeth and kids, and Mama Jackie and one of her other granddaughters on a nature walk and breakfast in the bush and then back to our house for a few hours of play.  The girls loved Barbara (the littlest) and Anderson was fast friends with Laurenti.  Ash:  “There is so much that we can give them”.  Great morning for all. 

IMG_1088IMG_6923

We then continued our Tanzgiving tradition and headed to the Foley’s for a traditional Thanksgiving feast.  Once again, it did not disappoint and was a great evening with friends (but we did miss a few friends that aren’t here in Tanzania anymore).

IMG_6954IMG_6955

Ellesmere reading the blessing

IMG_6974IMG_6930IMG_6929

IMG_6975IMG_6976IMG_6977

I have so much to be thankful for, but most of all I am thankful for Matt and our beautiful family. 

Happy Thanksgiving.

IMG_6948IMG_6957IMG_6958

2 comments:

  1. Wow- made my eyes water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I found your blog via the Great Google--I'm a veterinary student and I'll be working in Arusha for 6 weeks in January/February this year. I don't know anyone there, so was wondering if I could ask you all a few questions about what to expect (and what to pack!), how not to offend anyone, and what I should absolutely not miss that time of year. I think my email is embedded in the comment label; thanks in advance! Your adventures look amazing and I can't wait to have some of my own. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete