Tuesday, July 23, 2013

In Memory of Michael

MWC Family Photo DR 

Many of you already know that last Saturday (July 13) my little brother, Michael (38), was killed during the Musselman Triathlon when he crashed into the back of a car that ran out of gas on the side of the road.  He sustained several injuries that any of them alone could have been fatal.  This has easily been the hardest week of my life and I know that it is just the beginning.  The amount of love and support that we have received is above and beyond anything I could have ever imagined: the Delta pilots who held the plane for me, so that I could get home; the people waited two and a half hours at the wake in the 90 degree heat just to pay their respects; endless food, calls, notes, messages, and memories. The stories that I am hearing about my brother only reinforce what we already knew:  he was an amazing brother, husband, father, son, uncle, and friend.  He is greatly missed.

Thank you to everyone for the support you have shown my entire family.  The generosity that has been shown by donations to his daughters’ education fund is truly amazing.

Please continue to keep Kristin, their girls, and the entire family in your thoughts and prayers. 

  • Democrat and Chronicle (local paper) article:  here 
  • Obituary:  here
  • Memorial Video:  here
  • Memorial/Education Fund:  here

This picture was taken during the triathlon that day.  This is just one of the ways that I will remember him.

Bike Course Michael

RIP little bro.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment