Friday, February 12, 2016

Tierney's "Golden" Birthday

The day she turns 12 on the 12th. I remember the (very long) night like it was yesterday, from Chuck asking if he had time to stop and get a coffee after we needed to leave the restaurant when my contractions started to Matt trying to record contractions while driving us to the hospital in a snowstorm. Tierney finally made her entrance at 5:30 am the next morning and that was just the start of 4 years of sleepless nights (that girl did NOT sleep!).  I can't believe it was 12 years ago.

She constantly amazes me and has taught me so much about what is truly important.  I love her with all my heart and can't wait to watch her conquer the world.


This morning she unwittingly became the beginning of a new ISM swim birthday tradition of getting thrown into the pool (fully clothed).  This was after her nice warm shower after 6:30 am training on a cool and drizzly morning, yet she's still smiling.  


At least they got her shoes off first

Still smiling

I think she forgives him

Happy 12th Birthday, TCB!



No comments:

Post a Comment