Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Peponi for Labor Day

Even though it’s not a recognized holiday in Tanzania we decided to take it anyway.  Off to the beach (Peponi Resort) for a long weekend (and my birthday).  Beach, sun, pool, new friends, good food, reading, and, most importantly, family time.  We all also enjoyed waking up to the sound of vervet monkeys fighting and running over our thatched roof.  One way you can tell we’ve been here a while is that the kids were probably more excited about the cat and kitten that they found than the monkeys running all around.  Anderson also had a major milestone this weekend as he swam across the pool without his water wings. (Full disclosure:  he did take a quick rest and breath with daddy halfway across, but he really did it).  Go little man!

Beach time.  High tide swimming, low tide playing in the tide pools looking for hermit crabs, starfish, and shrimp, and walks to the mangroves. 

Hermit crab races:

How I spent my birthday.  Lovely.

 

This is how I entertain myself on long, Tanzanian car rides (~6 hours to the coast).

Bare flame/naked light…I can see how the translation happened.

This one’s for you Dad:

Motorola batwings?

I also now share my birthday with the three (surviving) baby bunnies that we got over the weekend.  10 in total for anyone that is keeping track.  Know any good rabbit stew recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment