Monday, February 22, 2010

Funky Toilet

So, after about 3 glasses of wine last Friday I finally had to pee. So, I went into Rosita's bathroom. As I was sitting there, I was noticing that there was no sink - very unusual especially in Africa where everyone washes their hands. So, I thought I must have missed a sink outside the bathroom. As soon as I flushed I hear water pouring from the back (a little frightening in someone else's bathroom). Well, there was a sink built in to the back of the toilet, so that the water that is used to fill the tank, can actually be used to wash your hands. I was highly confused (probably would have been even under the best of circumstances, but after 3 glasses of wine I was even more so). I didn't know how to turn it off (automatic it turns out, when tank is full, it shuts off). I came out of the bathroom giggling. It really is brilliant - no wasted water. (Apparently, their landlord is from Japan where these are fairly common).
This isn't theirs, but it was very similar.
Thought the Boulder environmentalists would love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment