Monday, February 22, 2010

Random

It seems that the rains have started. The past two days we've had torrential rains where it is just coming down in sheets. We've had to run around the house shutting windows and even that doesn't seem to keep it all out. I love it though. It has been much cooler and the weather has been perfect for sleeping. The kids have taken it all in stride and I'm happy that I made sure everyone had raincoats and rain boots before we left.

We have another birthday celebration this week. Birch turns 7 this Friday, so I think we are going to try and go back to the Ngorongoro Farm House to celebrate. The kids have a holiday on Friday, so between a birthday and a day off school it's the perfect excuse to go away for a night (no trip to the crater this time though).

Matt has decided that he's going to run the Kilimanjaro half marathon this weekend (who needs more than a week of training anyway?!) That is on Sunday. I can't wait to just go watch that.

I am loving Mama Jackie more every day. She's been making me lunch and she also made a nice lunch for some friends we had over on Saturday. Chicken, beans, rice, lentils are staples, but I've also had cold cucumber, green bean, tomato, onion or avocado, onion, tomato salads....I could get used to this. I haven't done laundry since we've moved in and I definitely haven't made a bed yet (although that's not unusual, but my bed is actually made now).


We received news today that the boat carrying all of our stuff is sitting in port outside of Dar Es Salaam. It's been there for 2 days, but at least it's a lot closer than we thought. We thought that it still hadn't left Durban, South Africa yet, so that puts it about 2 weeks closer. Once it docks, it should take another 2 weeks to get to Arusha. We are sort of getting used to the minimalistic lifestyle, but I really can't wait to get my bike!


We are getting settled into a new routine and I love (!!!) that school is only a mile 1/2 away.



(Ash, T, and Cole just hanging out)

2 comments:

  1. Momma Jo wants Momma Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading your blog backwards. So in this one it says you can't wait to see Matt run but in the first one I read it implied Matt was out of the house at 4:30 a.m. . . . hmm . . . did you make the race :)???

    But what I really want to know is how are you ever going to live without a Mama Jackie? It makes me want a Mama Jackie. Hmmm . . . should we remodel the house? Or have a Mama Jackie? Or neither if the kids want to go to college.

    ReplyDelete