Thursday, September 23, 2010

Don’t answer the ‘red’ calls

Last week, Mama Jackie and Elizabeth came to work on Saturday morning and starting telling Joey and me about how approximately 20 people from the village died when they answered phone calls from a ‘red’ number.  Joey tried to explain that there was no way a phone # could send something into their brain to kill them, but I don’t think Mama Jackie and Elizabeth believed her.  Then when I met up with Matt in the Serengeti, he was telling me that there was similar story that he’d heard while he’d been out, but that the people had received a red SMS (text message).  We were trying to figure out if we could even get ‘red’ messages/caller-id’s on our phones since they don’t have any color.  I must be safe then.  Phew!

Tierney helping Matt and Samuel build a banda (shade structure) for our hammock.

IMG_0244

Sundowners in the Monduli hills just west of our house.  Gorgeous evening.

IMG_0250 IMG_0252 IMG_0261 IMG_0263IMG_0268

Visit to the snake park:  snakes, turtles and camel rides, oh my!
IMG_0324  IMG_0329IMG_0328 IMG_0330 IMG_0335
I made Mama Jackie come with me to do some fabric shopping.  She said that the shopkeepers were very disappointed to see her with me (because then they couldn’t give me the “mzungu” price).  I’m certainly glad that she came along.
IMG_0337
We are really looking forward to Webb and Jeff’s visit next week ….and not just because they can re-stock my chocolate chip and parmesan cheese supply ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment