Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A new record!

And not one that I suggest trying to beat.  72 1/2 hours with no power.  That’s lots of candlelight and bucket toilet flushes, but we made it. I’ll take no lights over no water any day; unfortunately the outage lasted too long and we used all the water in the storage tank (with no ability to pump more in). Apparently a section of wire was stolen (compounded, I’m sure, by a Sunday and a national holiday) and it took 3 days to repair.  Sort of a hard landing coming from the US, but now we’re stronger for it …or some platitude like that. 

I’m going to go celebrate by flushing all the toilets in the house and opening the refrigerator door and just standing in front of it to see what’s available. 

1 comment:

  1. This is totally insane......without power for 72.5 hours!!!???? how is that possible!!??? Is there a President in that country!!?? To add up the problem you said there is no water as well!!??? And you people think its ok!!!???

    I have just bumped to this site its my first time me visiting and i was totally shocked with the "A new record" statement....LOL

    Definitely this is my new cyber cruise now

    Miss T.

    ReplyDelete