Thursday, January 28, 2010

Birthday Boy

Anderson woke up this morning and says "MY birfday. Two!" while holding up two fingers. It's fun that he's so excited about it. We probably won't celebrate until Sunday since Ashlyn has birthday parties after school today and tomorrow and another on Saturday. Also our oven is supposedly fixed now, so maybe I can even make him some special treat. So, for today we started by a bike ride around Themi Suites with a stop to smell the flowers and then a morning nap (crashed in the chair by 10:30). Life is good for the birthday boy.


Things are looking optimistic to move into our house in about two weeks. Our friends are putting all of their items in storage and said we can borrow some furniture until our sea shipment arrives (which best case won't be until early March). That means we can have real beds and a couch to sit on - yeah! We're excited at the idea of getting out of the temp housing.

Anderson's first day with Mama Jackie was a success. And I did find out why she goes by Mama Jackie when her name is Martha...her eldest daughter is Jacqueline, so she's mama jackie. Mystery solved. When we dropped her off yesterday Anderson said "me, sad". The girls will get to meet her tomorrow morning before school. I've asked her to come at 7, so I can take them in without having to drag Anderson across town with me...I think I'm going to like this.

Here's a short video of Anderson when he found a butterfly (moth?) in our laundry room today. He got a little excited. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7LPYbjuFUw

Happy 2nd Birthday Little Man!

1 comment:

  1. Remember when Kyle Fitzpatrick used to call me "Momma Jo"?

    ReplyDelete