Wednesday, January 13, 2010

First Day of School


So, today was the first day of school (and Ashlyn's official start of kindergarten). I think they both loved it. I haven't heard anything negative, and they didn't even complain that they had to eat school lunch - huge triumph! I think it helped a lot that Birch and Cole were there with them, so they had a built in friend already. They were so cute walking in to their classrooms this morning: Birch and Tierney were holding hands and Cole and Ashlyn were holding hands (even though Cole says that he's going to marry Tierney).
We also got a few more pictures from the safari on Sunday from our friend Lara. She had some good perspective shots. One of the river crossings and that's Tierney and Ashlyn looking out the sunroof at the giraffe.

And just so you don't think this is all fun and games. Here are pics of poor Ashy. She is ultra sensitive to mosquito bites, but last night the cleaning person left the screen window open. I think we counted 28 bites on her head, face and neck. Good thing she had long sleeved/legged pj's. She's holding up really well considering. I know if it were me, I'd be miserable.

Tomorrow night we are having dinner at our friends' house that have the resident zebras. We stopped by today and all 3 kids got to feed the zebras some bread. Anderson thought it was sooo cool and just kept yelling "Zebras!". Tomorrow I'll remember my camera.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Ashy! Bring some more insect repellant everybody!

    The pictures look so awesome.

    Glad school seems to be working out so well. What does the school calendar look like there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Poor Ashy!!!

    Curious about the school. Are some of the families local? Are there a lot of families that are there short-term? How big is the school?

    ReplyDelete