Monday, January 25, 2010

Meet Mama Jackie

Yep...I think we've found ourselves a nanny. Yeah! Her name is Martha, but goes by Mama Jackie (??? I'll have to ask her about that sometime). She used to be the nanny/cook/all around helper for our friends Paul and Fini (the ones with the zebras), so she came highly recommended. She worked for them for 12 years until the kids went off to boarding school. Anderson took to her right away and I even ventured off to the store all by myself without a single tear, and I also got to get an hour or so of work in while he was in the same room! While we are in temp housing, we've asked her to come 3 days a week until naptime. When we move into our house she'll become full time. I'm so excited. We walked her downstairs when she left today and Anderson wanted her to "come upstairs" again. High praise indeed.

In other good news, we signed a lease on our Boulder house starting February 1 to a couple with a dog and baby on the way. The house should be perfect for them. It's a good thing we now have the mortgage covered because I just paid $7.50 for a box of Cheerios - yikes!

((Why did no one ever tell me about the goodness of Nutella before??))

3 comments:

  1. Oh, darlin' Nutella is the nectar of the gods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nutella is the first thing I discovered on my first trip to Europe. I love that is the international food of choice everywhere! Scrumptious. Hey - how is working going by the way? I am fascinated by your amazing posts and just cannot understand how you actually have time to work - or even care about work. Now that you have the Boulder house rented, you think you will cut back or full steam ahead?

    ReplyDelete